SEMH Outreach Update:
In order to support schools with early identification/assessment of SEN, Ethos Academy Trust will be offering a ‘fast track advice and support service’ for schools to discuss concerns regarding children with SEMH needs. This support will be provided through the Trust SENCOs and Exclusions Officers.
This will not replace the Single Point Referral (SPR) process but is intended to create a streamlined approach to enable schools to request advice in the first instance.
If you require advice & support please contact Ethos Academy Trust through the following email address: [email protected]
Parental consent will not be required at this point as information will remain anonymous.
For further information click HERE
Aims of the Outreach Service
To provide high quality provision, shaped by current research, thinking and best practice which secures excellent outcomes for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs across Kirklees;
- To support Kirklees Council’s commitment to children and young people with special educational needs being educated in their local mainstream school as far as possible, and as such to provide strong support for families, children and young people during transition to and from their local School;
- To enhance the capacity of mainstream schools to meet the needs of children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs through providing high quality outreach services to support children and young people and schools across Kirklees;
- To ensure holistic support for children and young people and families of children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs through strong and secure multi-agency partnerships;
- To work effectively with partners to ensure early identification and ongoing assessment of children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs in order to inform future planning;
- To enable children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs to continue to make good learning and communication progress within a positive and highly inclusive environment.
Please note the ‘service’ is funded by Kirklees Council accessible to all primary / secondary schools
For further information about the Outreach Service please contact –