Single Point Referral Process
OUTREACH & EXCLUSION ADVICE
In order to support schools with early identification/assessment of SEN, Ethos Academy Trust will be offering a ‘fast track advice and support service’ for schools to discuss concerns regarding children with SEMH needs. This support will be provided through the Trust SENCOs and Exclusions Officers.
This will not replace the Single Point Referral (SPR) process but is intended to create a streamlined approach to enable schools to request advice in the first instance.
If you require advice & support please contact Ethos Academy Trust through the following email address: [email protected]
Parental consent will not be required at this point as information will remain anonymous.
WHAT ANONYMOUS INFORMATION DO I PROVIDE?
- Year group
- SEN stage
- Number of exclusions
- Summary of concerns the school have, eg fixed term exclusions escalating, lack of progress in a reviewed My Support Plan etc.
WHY ASK FOR A CONSULTATION?
Specific enquiries around SEMH needs following a cycle of assess, plan, do, review
- High fixed term exclusions for individual pupils and general exclusion enquiries
- Sudden serious escalation in behaviour for individual pupils
- Access to additional advice regarding the development of suitable support and intervention strategies
- Following the email submission a member of the senior team within the Academy Trust will be allocated. A meeting will then be arranged within 7 days.
The focus of the meeting will be to provide supportive advice, guidance and strategies to consider.
POSSIBLE NEXT STEPS FOLLOWING THE MEETING:
Continue with school-based support, capturing outcomes and actions on a My Support Plan (MSP)
- Referral to SPR for outreach support
- Referral to SPR for a PRU step out placement (in exceptional cases)
- Referral for Alternative provision (KS4)
Further documents below illustrate the processes of referral, support & intervention, some are key stage specific.
For further information please contact the Head teacher relevant to the key stage as follows:
KS1 & 2