Tuesday 8th February 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Free to Kirklees Schools
Support for Governors and Clerks
During 2020/21 permanent exclusions and suspensions were still possible throughout the academic year, although school closures had a substantial effect on the number of permanent exclusions and suspensions. The training event will support school governors who are involved in governor discipline committees. Governors for Schools recently shared the following concerns: ‘The number of children and young people permanently excluded from state schools has grown at an alarming rate and this is affecting those who are most vulnerable in society’.
The training will cover:
The process of exclusion; monitoring suspensions to prevent a permanent exclusion;
• Statutory guidance in preparing for the consideration of an exclusion (Governing Body);
• The requirements on a Governing Body to consider an exclusion, a guide to the law;
• Ensuring the process of the Governors Discipline Committee (GDC) follows the DFE 2017 statutory guidance;
• The role of the governors in the GDC;
• Statutory duties in relation to SEN when administering the exclusion process (Headteacher and Governing Body;
• Independent Review Panel (IRP), the local authority/academy trust’s duty to arrange an IRP;
• KIAS – disability discrimination/equality act.
Both sessions will be delivered by Ethos Academy Trust – Tracy Rider and Allison Langdale (Inclusion Managers – Exclusions).
Secure your place by emailing: email@example.com