- Location Ethos College, Dewsbury Moor
- Salary Grade 9, £28,226 to £30,984 FTE, reduced to £24,480 to £26,872 in line with the term time only contract, 37 hours per week, term time only plus 5 days, temporary until August 2023
- Closing Date 12:00pm Tuesday 3rd May 2022
- Interview Date Friday 13th May 2022
This is an exciting opportunity to join Ethos Academy Trust, where we aim to deliver the very best educational experiences for pupils from across the primary and secondary age range. Our Academies are welcoming, calm and purposeful and, within a nurturing ethos, our learners are stretched academically, supported pastorally and developed socially and emotionally.
We are looking to appoint an Instructor to join our passionate and hardworking team, responsible for planning and delivering a high quality, purposeful education programme for pupils at Key Stage 4. The main aim of this role is to lead on engaging pupils with curriculum offer that fully supports their SEMH needs and leads to pupils achieving positive SEMH and academic outcomes.
This role provides the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of an outward-looking centre of excellence, supporting and contributing to the SEND agenda at a local, regional and national level, transforming the educational and life-long opportunities of all our pupils.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be committed and passionate about developing and supporting our pupils to help them achieve successes both in and out of education.
- Be self-motivated, creative, solution focused and adaptable to the needs of our pupils.
- Have a keen interest in outdoor education and hold relevant training in at least one of the following activities: mountain biking, climbing, orienteering and canoeing (ongoing training in other areas will be available to the successful candidate).
- Have an ability to understand and work in line with best practice, guidance, policy and procedure using relevant school systems.
- Promote the Trust’s vision and core values and have consistently high expectations for all.
- Be approachable, understanding and committed to the welfare of pupils and staff.
- Be committed to improving outcomes for all.
- Be flexible, hard-working, enthusiastic and a strong team player.
We can offer you:
- Hard working, dedicated and caring staff members.
- A firm commitment to supporting staff wellbeing.
- Strong governance with clarity of vision and a commitment to ongoing improvement.
- Efficient and effective central team services to enable you and your colleagues to focus on school improvement and pupil outcomes.
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development.
If you share our passion for providing outstanding learning environments for pupils with a range of special educational needs, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Tuesday 3rd May 2022 at 12 noon
Interview date: Friday 13th May 2022
We welcome and encourage visits to the academy from prospective candidates. If you require further information about the role or an informal chat, please contact Mandeep Little, Deputy Head Teacher or Diane Dunn, Assistant Head at Ethos College, on 01924 469170, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please note the academy will be closed for Easter between Monday 11th April and Friday 22 April.