A career within Ethos Academy Trust means a career without limits. As an employee, you will work with inspirational colleagues who are focused on providing exemplary teaching and learning alongside outstanding pastoral support and guidance. Our model encourages leadership and staff development at all levels to promote the highest outcomes for pupils. As a member of the team there is plenty of opportunity to drive your career forward and progress within the Trust.
All vacancies will be advertised within this area.
Job Title: Business Support Officer
Grade and Salary: 5 / £6,850 – £7,061
Hours and Working Weeks: 16 hours per week (in term time plus 5 days)
In September 2018 Ethos Academy Trust brought together three exceptional alternative provisions in Kirklees into one new organisation. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, hardworking Business Support Officer to join the Business Support team. You will be joining a dedicated team of staff who all make a contribution to improving outcomes for young people.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible individual to:
- Provide a wide range of administrative support for young people and their families;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the service;
- Work closely with the Office Manager and undertake other key areas of responsibility in line with the grade of this post;
- Ensure inventories of equipment and stock are maintained and supplies replenished;
- Maintain accurate records and filing systems;
- Provide a warm and friendly reception to visitors, young people and colleagues.
Essential qualities for the position include:
- The ability to be understanding, responsive, calm and supportive;
- A positive attitude towards working with vulnerable young people;
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- A flexible approach in order to meet the needs of the Trust;
- Act with integrity, honesty and professional competence;
- Understand the importance of confidentiality.
Aspects of this role involve extremely busy periods and you will therefore need to have a flexible and adaptable approach to your work. You will work as part of a small team providing a ‘front of house’ service, offering a wide range of high quality business and administrative support to the school. You will receive support and line management from senior staff within the Trust alongside comprehensive continuous professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you require further information about the role or an informal chat, please contact Hava Farooq, Office Manager on telephone: 01924 478482 or you can visit the Trust website at www.eat.uk.com
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by calling Reach Academy on 01924 478482.
Closing date: 1 March 2019
Provisional interview date: 8 March 2019
Applications can be sent electronically to the following email address: [email protected]